Unlike you, unlike everyone.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Letters from Iwo Jima [6.5/10]



The story of the battle of Iwo Jima between the United States and Japan during World War II, as told from the perspective of two good friends serving in the Japanese forces, who watch helplessly throughout various battles as their comrades are killed.




Watched Letters from Iwo Jima last night with Gary and Co., I guess there's probably only one word to describe the movie; depressing.


It's true!!!


It's like once the first enemy planes hit the horizons, all you see every minute are amputated body parts, lots of explosions, gun shots, fire and dust. I admit, it's a war movie, of course such things are common. However, no offense to the japanese, I do not understand why the soldiers were so stupid with their own lives.


*Spoiler alert for those who might be watching this movie* There was one scene where the general was telling his lieutanant over a receiver to round up the survivors and head towards the rest of the army because the situation at that particular base was hopeless already. Instead of listening to him, as should a true soldier, the stupid lieutanant ordered his soldiers to commit suicide with a hand grenade.


Can you tell me in what way would that help your country?!


Use your brain and head north like your general told you! What good are you dead when you might be able to take down some more enemies if you were still alive?!


I could not figure out what was so "honorable" in killing yourself first before the enemy got to you but maybe you can tell me otherwise? Also, in the end, on the whole island of Iwo Jima, only 1 man survived. Or maybe 2, because as I recall, another stupid officer who had hung 2 landmines on himself and declared that he was going to throw himself under a tank was later found still alive, but it is not known if they killed him.


And while I was impressed with how the protagonist managed to survive throughout the whole war by using his smarts, I could not believe how stupid he was when at last it seemed that everything had ended and he started swinging a shovel at the enemy, as though trying to provoke them to shoot him. Imagine if they had done that, I would have laughed because he had struggled through so much only to throw it away in the end.


Anyway, if you thought otherwise about this movie, good for you, I have no plans of arguing with you because frankly, I've never liked war movies and always hated the idea and stupidity of war. I won't be rating this movie because I think it's crap yet someone else might love it. Hmm...


Lolz, as an afterthought, maybe there was a reason why the characters in the movie did such stupid things. The director was an american.





-----


- Day 5 -

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Natalie

Age: 21

Likes: Red, Dogs, Hamsters, Humour, The Ocean, The Night, Sunsets, Cloudy days, Big long hugs, Cuddles in bed, Strawberries, Mint ice cream, Reading, Literature, Movies, Singing, Cute things, Sensitivity, Kindness.

Dislikes: Lizards, Earthworms, Daytime, Vegetables, Running, Liars, Vulgarities, Procrastinators, Sad movies, Robots, Dictators, Being called Fat, Being Fat, Humidity, Tactlessness, Violence.

Advertisements



Wish List

- Canon 970i
- LG FB162 DVD Micro Audio
- DBSK's Concert Ticket
- Shinhwa - 9th Album
- Big Bang - Remember Hehehe

Tagboard






Jukebox

Fiesty November

Others



Credits

"Crimson Mosiac" Version 1.01 is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]