Whipped Cream!
I went for dinner with the ex HD girls including my elder sister yesterday to celebrate my birthday in advance because they couldn't make it on the day of the party. We ate at CCK's Sakae Sushi before deciding to head over to Holland's HD for dessert, lol.
While there, we compared the standards of the place with our standards in the past and concluded that we did things better then. =P
It may have just been that the staff were new or that they really just couldn't be bothered to, but when my sis and I asked for the pleasureable platter (=.=) without whipped cream, the girl who took our order the first time failed to write it down even after going, "Ok ok, no whipped cream."
When my sister's creation came out and we saw that it had whipped cream after all, we beckoned over another waiter and asked him to reconfirm with the kitchen staff that the other 'pleasureable platter' did not have whipped cream.
"Yes, okay." He headed in and returned to his post awhile later.
But yes, you guessed it, my platter came out with whipped cream in the corners, smirking at me from behind the strawberries.
YIKES!!!
But from experience as well as a well trained phobia, it's better to just live with it instead of asking them to redo it because who knew what would happen behind closed doors?
I remember all I ever did if I wanted to be mean, was to give the customer a biiiig scoop of ice cream filled with lots of air, but from the stories I heard from other service staff, it is not uncommon to add "special ingredients" to the dish.
=.=
Which is why I have no idea where some people get the "courage" to kick up a big fuss and return a dish to the kitchen. But that's their own problem. Lol.
Anyway, we stayed till they closed before heading home by taxi. Lots of gossiping, jokes, and visits to the past!
A big thanks to Joy, HuiXin and MeiYun for dinner and the present! =D
Also thanks to my sis for having to chip in for dinner and dessert for me as well. Hehe~ ^^
-
While there, we compared the standards of the place with our standards in the past and concluded that we did things better then. =P
It may have just been that the staff were new or that they really just couldn't be bothered to, but when my sis and I asked for the pleasureable platter (=.=) without whipped cream, the girl who took our order the first time failed to write it down even after going, "Ok ok, no whipped cream."
When my sister's creation came out and we saw that it had whipped cream after all, we beckoned over another waiter and asked him to reconfirm with the kitchen staff that the other 'pleasureable platter' did not have whipped cream.
"Yes, okay." He headed in and returned to his post awhile later.
But yes, you guessed it, my platter came out with whipped cream in the corners, smirking at me from behind the strawberries.
YIKES!!!
But from experience as well as a well trained phobia, it's better to just live with it instead of asking them to redo it because who knew what would happen behind closed doors?
I remember all I ever did if I wanted to be mean, was to give the customer a biiiig scoop of ice cream filled with lots of air, but from the stories I heard from other service staff, it is not uncommon to add "special ingredients" to the dish.
=.=
Which is why I have no idea where some people get the "courage" to kick up a big fuss and return a dish to the kitchen. But that's their own problem. Lol.
Anyway, we stayed till they closed before heading home by taxi. Lots of gossiping, jokes, and visits to the past!
A big thanks to Joy, HuiXin and MeiYun for dinner and the present! =D
Also thanks to my sis for having to chip in for dinner and dessert for me as well. Hehe~ ^^
-
Labels: Specials


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home