Of Insurances and Policemen
I was listening to the news this morning when they mentioned the fires in California.
That got me thinking that perhaps Singapore's insurance agencies have got it easy.
Imagine how the people who have lost their houses in the fires are going to pay for it. Unless housing is so cheap there that they don't even bother to buy insurance for their houses, I'd have to say that they would claim from their insurances.
Same for in other countries with natural disasters and what-nots. Typhoons in Taiwan? Earthquakes in Indonesia? Forest fires in Australia?
I'm not sure, but I should think that being one of the safest countries in the world with one of the lowest crime rates and practically no natural disasters, asides from death by illness and accident, nothing much else should be liable for insurance right?
And being most famous for 'kia-si'-ism aka 'scared of death', most Singaporeans already have a policy by the age of 18, some even before they are born.
Singapore's insurance industry must be flourishing!
Now I know why we see insurance agents everywhere we go. =.=
-
I had a dream last night where I was in an unknown location and I wasn't scared, but I was with some people whom I supposed are friends because I have no idea who they are.
I seemed to be waiting for something to happen when suddenly my phone rang and that person called.
He said that he just wanted to wish me a happy birthday when I told him that my birthday was not for another week. Somehow in the dream, the date is 5th November (and I think I know why).
Then he exclaimed that he remembered me saying it was on the week of the xxx (xxx is because I have no idea what it is except that it's something like halloween and the likes) and that I was then wrong because it was the week after the xxx. =.=
Our conversation got somewhat heated up and he started complaining about how his mother doesn't give him allowance and he can't work so he doesn't have money to attend my birthday celebration (huh??) and I felt like I understood what he meant.
Then I heard his mother talking in the background and she said something that got me angry. In annoyance, I decided to hang up on him and said something to cut the conversation short, but he hung up before me. Like before.
Thoroughly annoyed with myself and with my stupid phone (which doesn't hang up on sliding the cover shut, and I seem to keep forgetting that), I turn back to my friends and spot someone behaving suspiciously in a distance.
In a flash I was in the police force (=.=) and we were chasing after this suspect with guns in hand.
Like a typical movie (or messy dream) we could not tell the bad guys from the good, and just when we thought the suspect was the bad guy and were ready to take him in, a whole bunch of people barged in and attempted to shoot/kidnap him with me right in the frontline while the other policemen where surrounding the back of the suspect.
(Lol, I must have been invisible.)
I recklessly walked over to the leader of the group and tried to throw something at him (Huh? Don't ask me why I never use my gun lol.) but missed.
A gun shot ran out.
And I woke up.
-
Another senseless dream. Anyone knows how to decipher it? Oh yes, the suspect looked liked Francis Ng, the hongkong actor, lol. And by the way I have not watched any of his movies recently.
I recognise bits and pieces of the dream to be from parts of my waking moments but the gun, suspect and xxx, I have absolutely no clue.
Lolz, sorry for the very lengthy and stupid post.
-
Still not enough time!!!
-
That got me thinking that perhaps Singapore's insurance agencies have got it easy.
Imagine how the people who have lost their houses in the fires are going to pay for it. Unless housing is so cheap there that they don't even bother to buy insurance for their houses, I'd have to say that they would claim from their insurances.
Same for in other countries with natural disasters and what-nots. Typhoons in Taiwan? Earthquakes in Indonesia? Forest fires in Australia?
I'm not sure, but I should think that being one of the safest countries in the world with one of the lowest crime rates and practically no natural disasters, asides from death by illness and accident, nothing much else should be liable for insurance right?
And being most famous for 'kia-si'-ism aka 'scared of death', most Singaporeans already have a policy by the age of 18, some even before they are born.
Singapore's insurance industry must be flourishing!
Now I know why we see insurance agents everywhere we go. =.=
-
I had a dream last night where I was in an unknown location and I wasn't scared, but I was with some people whom I supposed are friends because I have no idea who they are.
I seemed to be waiting for something to happen when suddenly my phone rang and that person called.
He said that he just wanted to wish me a happy birthday when I told him that my birthday was not for another week. Somehow in the dream, the date is 5th November (and I think I know why).
Then he exclaimed that he remembered me saying it was on the week of the xxx (xxx is because I have no idea what it is except that it's something like halloween and the likes) and that I was then wrong because it was the week after the xxx. =.=
Our conversation got somewhat heated up and he started complaining about how his mother doesn't give him allowance and he can't work so he doesn't have money to attend my birthday celebration (huh??) and I felt like I understood what he meant.
Then I heard his mother talking in the background and she said something that got me angry. In annoyance, I decided to hang up on him and said something to cut the conversation short, but he hung up before me. Like before.
Thoroughly annoyed with myself and with my stupid phone (which doesn't hang up on sliding the cover shut, and I seem to keep forgetting that), I turn back to my friends and spot someone behaving suspiciously in a distance.
In a flash I was in the police force (=.=) and we were chasing after this suspect with guns in hand.
Like a typical movie (or messy dream) we could not tell the bad guys from the good, and just when we thought the suspect was the bad guy and were ready to take him in, a whole bunch of people barged in and attempted to shoot/kidnap him with me right in the frontline while the other policemen where surrounding the back of the suspect.
(Lol, I must have been invisible.)
I recklessly walked over to the leader of the group and tried to throw something at him (Huh? Don't ask me why I never use my gun lol.) but missed.
A gun shot ran out.
And I woke up.
-
Another senseless dream. Anyone knows how to decipher it? Oh yes, the suspect looked liked Francis Ng, the hongkong actor, lol. And by the way I have not watched any of his movies recently.
I recognise bits and pieces of the dream to be from parts of my waking moments but the gun, suspect and xxx, I have absolutely no clue.
Lolz, sorry for the very lengthy and stupid post.
-
Still not enough time!!!
-


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home