Past
I have met somebody on the bus for the past two days which triggered an old memory from my secondary school days.
(I apologise beforehand for the somewhat lengthy story below.)
I remember how I used to be very close with this guy in the same cca as me to the point where we could chat on the phone till 5am almost every night for many consecutive weeks.
I got caught once too at 3am by my mum who always woke up to drink water at that time, and was scolded horribly, lol.
I would not say that we were interested in each other, at that time he just seemed like a very good friend to me.
But now that I think back on it, we must have liked each other somewhat or we probably would not have bothered to lose sleep and such haha. And the strange thing was, we could talk about anything and everything, and after so many days of such long conversations, we never seemed to run out of things to say.
As to why neither of us ever said anything about it, probably we were both 'shy' and afraid to ruin the relationship we had.
I was in sec 2 and he was in sec 3 if I remember correctly and there was this once where I was having trouble with a particularly persistant suitor and he had a girl chasing after him as well.
Somehow or another, like typical teenagers with plenty of stupid ideas, we came upon the idea to pretend to be a couple so as to shake off those people.
The period of time where we were 'together' though, is a bunch of hazy memory to me but I later remember thinking that it was a pity. I got rid of the suitor on my side though and a bit later, we both gave up on the pretence.
Perhaps somewhere along the line we grew distant dispite still seeing each other often, and I soon learnt that he had gotten together with that girl who had been chasing him.
Lol.
I don't know how it happened or how long it lasted, but when I asked him about it after finding out from a friend, all he did was smile at me sheepishly, his trademark smile.
But why am I even mentioning all this? Because the person I've been meeting on the bus is or was his girlfriend, that girl who had been chasing him.
We did not acknowledge each other each time, or perhaps she never noticed me, just that I chose not to acknowledge her.
Maybe a part of me is still resentful of the fact that it was her and not me in the end.
Or maybe I am just purely anti-social.
-
(I apologise beforehand for the somewhat lengthy story below.)
I remember how I used to be very close with this guy in the same cca as me to the point where we could chat on the phone till 5am almost every night for many consecutive weeks.
I got caught once too at 3am by my mum who always woke up to drink water at that time, and was scolded horribly, lol.
I would not say that we were interested in each other, at that time he just seemed like a very good friend to me.
But now that I think back on it, we must have liked each other somewhat or we probably would not have bothered to lose sleep and such haha. And the strange thing was, we could talk about anything and everything, and after so many days of such long conversations, we never seemed to run out of things to say.
As to why neither of us ever said anything about it, probably we were both 'shy' and afraid to ruin the relationship we had.
I was in sec 2 and he was in sec 3 if I remember correctly and there was this once where I was having trouble with a particularly persistant suitor and he had a girl chasing after him as well.
Somehow or another, like typical teenagers with plenty of stupid ideas, we came upon the idea to pretend to be a couple so as to shake off those people.
The period of time where we were 'together' though, is a bunch of hazy memory to me but I later remember thinking that it was a pity. I got rid of the suitor on my side though and a bit later, we both gave up on the pretence.
Perhaps somewhere along the line we grew distant dispite still seeing each other often, and I soon learnt that he had gotten together with that girl who had been chasing him.
Lol.
I don't know how it happened or how long it lasted, but when I asked him about it after finding out from a friend, all he did was smile at me sheepishly, his trademark smile.
But why am I even mentioning all this? Because the person I've been meeting on the bus is or was his girlfriend, that girl who had been chasing him.
We did not acknowledge each other each time, or perhaps she never noticed me, just that I chose not to acknowledge her.
Maybe a part of me is still resentful of the fact that it was her and not me in the end.
Or maybe I am just purely anti-social.
-
Labels: Past


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home