Unlike you, unlike everyone.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Movies Overload

Wow... I've watched 4 movies in the last 2 weekends. I could get used to it, lol.

Last week's friday, I watched the thai horror, The Screen at Kamchanod with YR and CK whom I hadn't properly seen and spoken to for, what, 5 years? But that's another story altogether, haha. Let me just summarise the movies first, I'll get to the bedtime story another time. =P

The Screen was a typical Thai horror indeed, which means it's a Scare-The-Crap-Out-Of-You thai horror. It didn't help that the two guys I was with weren't exactly brave too. Lol... But like I said, that's another story... Nah I'm kidding, the story will remind a secret amongst the three of us, lol!

Anyway, while the horror factor would probably receive a 8/10 (I'm crazy enough to think there's probably worst, lol.) the storyline itself got predictable halfway through and I managed to guess the ending before I saw it. (Maybe they planned it that way?)

I have mixed feelings about the whole story but wouldn't mind recommending it to people haha. (I'm evil..)

I wasn't too bothered about going home after that because the feeling was totally different from Singapore's layout, as well as my life which means that no, I do not hide in dim and deserted libraries to make easy prey for ghosts of fat old men and/or murdered young girls. =.=

-

I watched L: Change the World on Sunday afternoon with Kathy, because we had agreed that we hadn't met for a long time and Mr ZY wasn't free so we went without him. =P

Like most of the other girls who've watched it, I loved it!!!!~ L's character is so loveable even though he wasn't trying to be so (I think). It felt like the writer added the 2 children just to show that L is a gentle soul afterall. ^^

Of course it was actually rather depressing to watch, considering that we knew he only had 23 days left to live (I don't consider this a spoiler since it's written in the trailers. =.=) and as the days passed in the movie, I found myself praying that something would happen to change his fate.

I felt that the story itself was very well done, but really felt pity for L to sacrifice himself just so Kira (yes, he appears in this story lol.) will be taken to justice. *sobz*

Overall, I would love to watch it again, but can't help but wonder if they might make a spinoff from this movie, like Kathy suggested, considering that our little flame of hope went out at the end of the movie. =.=

-

Watched The Spiderwick Chronicles with CK and YR on friday again but mostly because YR wouldn't watch Rule #1 no matter what. (Kakaka that's another ghost show.. ^^)

The storyline was nice, very exciting, but the "fantasical creatures" which the story more or less revolved around apparently did not have much screentime because we only saw mere few-second glimpses of the creatures excluding the ugly hobgoblins of which we probably saw too much of. =.=

And the three of us agreed that the ending was... *cough* Anti-climatic. In that 'wtf' kinda way. Lol~~ But the comedic scenes were still good, and I enjoyed the british humor used. Also, I just found out that the twins in the story was actually only one boy. "Wow", I must say.

But still... I can't help but wonder if the following sequels will make up for what this one lacked; a closer look at the fantasical creatures. If so, then this movie may still interest me.

Maybe watch it on a weekday if you really are interested. At least save that 1 buck. =)

-

For the final show in this two weeks, I watched it just hours ago at westmall with Koz, RS, JW and a new addition SH. Lolz it's been awhile since I saw another girl in the group but compared to her I'm actually more of the newcomer haha.

Anyway, we watched 10,000 B.C.

You might have guessed by how I dallied that it wasn't as big a deal as many have thought.

In fact, I declare it a failure. =.=

They had plenty of scenes which did not make sense, lots more where details were redundant and overall, there just wasn't that epic feel to it. Like RS said, they didn't seem to know whether to make it a serious movie or a comedy. And I agreed with JW when he said that the fighting scenes were not powerful at all. (I'm paraphrasing here.)

I hadn't wanted to watch this movie to begin with because I actually dislike war movies. The only reason I went was because I did not recall what the trailer was about (that should have been a clue. =X) and hence hoped that it would be unlike what I thought. It was unlike alright...

I don't really recommend this to anyone. Not even if you like cavemen who think that men on horses are four legged demons. Tsssk...

-

Final verdict:

The Screen at Kamchanod
Based on a supposed true story that took place in 1987 in Udon Thani, an outdoor film screening was booked at the Kamchanod forest reserve. The projection crew rolled the film but there was no audience, until near the end when some ghosts came out of nowhere. "The Screen" then deals with the obsession of a young doctor, Yuth, who wants to find out the mystery behind this screening. With his wife, nurse Om, journalist friends Ji and Phann and neighbourbood street guy Roj, the doctor tracks down the film and arranges a screening. Soon after, all the members of the group start seeing dead people.


Me: Watch it if you like a good scare but don't want to go home fearing every single thing you hear. [4/5]


L: Change The World

After solving the Kira case, another serious one finds L and he has only 23 days left to solve it. A boy and a girl hold the key to solving the case and L faces a crisis of global magnitude to protect the kids. He is without his most trusted partner, Watari, and cannot rely on his superb intellect alone to solve the case. What will happen to L? What will change? The 23 days are packed with turns of events even L himself cannot predict.

Me: Must watch!~ [4.5/5]


The Spiderwick Chronicles
Upon moving into the run-down Spiderwick Estate with their mother, twin brothers Jared and Simon, along with their sister Mallory, find themselves pulled into an alternate world full of faeries, hobgoblins, brownies and ogres.

Me: Watch if you have extra cash. Lol.. [3/5]



10,000 B.C.
It was a time when men and beast were untamed and the mighty mammoth roamed the earth. A time when ideas and beliefs were born that forever shaped mankind. "10,000 BC" follows a young hunter (Steven Strait) on his quest to lead an army across a vast desert, battling sabre-toothed tigers and prehistoric predators as he unearths a lost civilisation and attempts to rescue the woman he loves (Camilla Belle) from an evil warlord determined to possess her.


Me: Well.. I don't like it.. But if you have too much time and money, go ahead. Lol. [2.5/5]

-

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Natalie

Age: 21

Likes: Red, Dogs, Hamsters, Humour, The Ocean, The Night, Sunsets, Cloudy days, Big long hugs, Cuddles in bed, Strawberries, Mint ice cream, Reading, Literature, Movies, Singing, Cute things, Sensitivity, Kindness.

Dislikes: Lizards, Earthworms, Daytime, Vegetables, Running, Liars, Vulgarities, Procrastinators, Sad movies, Robots, Dictators, Being called Fat, Being Fat, Humidity, Tactlessness, Violence.

Advertisements



Wish List

- Canon 970i
- LG FB162 DVD Micro Audio
- DBSK's Concert Ticket
- Shinhwa - 9th Album
- Big Bang - Remember Hehehe

Tagboard






Jukebox

Fiesty November

Others



Credits

"Crimson Mosiac" Version 1.01 is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]