Nightmares
Last night I had a nightmare where I was just lying there, not moving, and I felt something stabbing me repeatedly from behind. I tried to roll out of the way but my body wouldn't move, yet it jerked with each stab.
I couldn't see anything but I knew that I was on my bed. Just when I felt whatever it was switching to stab me through the front of my chest, I could suddenly move and I twisted my whole body to my right.
I woke up then, indeed facing my right side, with one hand trying to clutch at my back. The spot at my back where I had thought I was being stabbed at was half numb, and throbbing.
I was still in my room, and this time I could see. I saw that it was still dark outside and that my air-conditioner was still on which meant I had probably only slept 2 to 3 hours.
I wondered then, if it was a nightmare or if my body had just fallen asleep and given me pins and needles. But as I lay back down onto my bed, I could feel the rapid thumping of my heart, as though it was trying to leap out of my chest.
Was it fear? Or excitement? Or do you think I'm being too much of a storyteller?
-
Lolz, I don't know why I wrote the above in that manner, but I am curious as to what it might have meant.
I remember when I was maybe 16 or even a little older, my bed was positioned in another direction as compared to now. I woke up once, close to dawn, heart thumping like crazy and believing to see a white apparition at/in front of the fan, high on the wall at the foot of my bed.
I remember feeling extremely frightened and frozen in place for maybe 15 minutes as I stared at that one spot in my room. Then, finally working up the courage, I ran out and into my parents room, crying and blubbering like an idiot about a ghost in my room.
I ended up sleeping in their room while my father left for work after that.
The thing was, I wasn't exactly a child anymore, so I'm pretty sure I should have been able to tell dreams from reality. (Unless, actually, my mentality is still that of a kid, lol. Hmm...)
I still remember that after my father left the room and my mother went back to sleep, I lay there for a long time, staring out the window like an idiot as the sun came up.
Thinking back on that memory still creeps me out, but I still don't know if I was just dreaming or if it was real.
Anyway.. My point is.. Erm... That I have no point. Haha..
But when I was brushing my teeth this morning as I thought back on the dream, I wondered to myself if this was what they called dreams that were so real, you couldn't tell if it was a dream.
It's not like I even drink caffeine all that much. =.=
-
I couldn't see anything but I knew that I was on my bed. Just when I felt whatever it was switching to stab me through the front of my chest, I could suddenly move and I twisted my whole body to my right.
I woke up then, indeed facing my right side, with one hand trying to clutch at my back. The spot at my back where I had thought I was being stabbed at was half numb, and throbbing.
I was still in my room, and this time I could see. I saw that it was still dark outside and that my air-conditioner was still on which meant I had probably only slept 2 to 3 hours.
I wondered then, if it was a nightmare or if my body had just fallen asleep and given me pins and needles. But as I lay back down onto my bed, I could feel the rapid thumping of my heart, as though it was trying to leap out of my chest.
Was it fear? Or excitement? Or do you think I'm being too much of a storyteller?
-
Lolz, I don't know why I wrote the above in that manner, but I am curious as to what it might have meant.
I remember when I was maybe 16 or even a little older, my bed was positioned in another direction as compared to now. I woke up once, close to dawn, heart thumping like crazy and believing to see a white apparition at/in front of the fan, high on the wall at the foot of my bed.
I remember feeling extremely frightened and frozen in place for maybe 15 minutes as I stared at that one spot in my room. Then, finally working up the courage, I ran out and into my parents room, crying and blubbering like an idiot about a ghost in my room.
I ended up sleeping in their room while my father left for work after that.
The thing was, I wasn't exactly a child anymore, so I'm pretty sure I should have been able to tell dreams from reality. (Unless, actually, my mentality is still that of a kid, lol. Hmm...)
I still remember that after my father left the room and my mother went back to sleep, I lay there for a long time, staring out the window like an idiot as the sun came up.
Thinking back on that memory still creeps me out, but I still don't know if I was just dreaming or if it was real.
Anyway.. My point is.. Erm... That I have no point. Haha..
But when I was brushing my teeth this morning as I thought back on the dream, I wondered to myself if this was what they called dreams that were so real, you couldn't tell if it was a dream.
It's not like I even drink caffeine all that much. =.=
-
Labels: Dreams


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home