Its the 29th of February!
Erm... Happy February 29th!!! (???)
I've never actually taken any notice of this particular date until recently, what with The Leap Years movie trailer playing on TV these few weeks. It looks quite boring though, so I don't quite have any desire to go watch it, but its advertising must have worked at least half its magic since people seem to be more aware of this date suddenly.
For the first time in my *cough* 21 years of life, my dad mentioned to me this fengshui thing where the 29th of February is a good day to bank in money, because it's a good omen that for the 4 years to come, you will have good wealth and fortune.
Hm.. Do you believe in such things?
Well, since no harm done, and like that chinese saying; It's better to believe than not to; we'll all be banking money in today. Lol. Imagine the poor bank clerks.
Thanks to Sharilyn for helping me to bank mine in though. But wait, does that mean for the next 4 years you'll be getting my wealth? o.O Choy choy, I was kidding, lol.
But as a precaution; people, please do guard your possessions more zealously today. If my dad got the idea from someone, out there some "other" people are bound to have heard it too.
-
I got this in my mail today, and it was so cute I had to share it. It's a poem written by an African Child apparently, not sure how true that is though.
Difference between Black & White....
A voice from a African Native Kid:
When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black
And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray
And you calling me coloured?
Makes plenty of sense doesn't it? I wonder why whites were calling black people "coloured" to begin with. Was it like a high and hillbilly moment? (For those who don't get it, let me rephrase, "Was the person high on drugs and/or with low EQ/IQ?")
Man, I am probably offending people..
No offense... I hope? =D
All in good fun after all, I know you can take a joke. =P
(Disclaimer; It is to my knowledge that a hillbilly is 'a disparaging term for an unsophisticated person' as quoted from Dictionary.com, however if I may have gotten it wrong, feel free to correct me. ^^)
-
I've never actually taken any notice of this particular date until recently, what with The Leap Years movie trailer playing on TV these few weeks. It looks quite boring though, so I don't quite have any desire to go watch it, but its advertising must have worked at least half its magic since people seem to be more aware of this date suddenly.
For the first time in my *cough* 21 years of life, my dad mentioned to me this fengshui thing where the 29th of February is a good day to bank in money, because it's a good omen that for the 4 years to come, you will have good wealth and fortune.
Hm.. Do you believe in such things?
Well, since no harm done, and like that chinese saying; It's better to believe than not to; we'll all be banking money in today. Lol. Imagine the poor bank clerks.
Thanks to Sharilyn for helping me to bank mine in though. But wait, does that mean for the next 4 years you'll be getting my wealth? o.O Choy choy, I was kidding, lol.
But as a precaution; people, please do guard your possessions more zealously today. If my dad got the idea from someone, out there some "other" people are bound to have heard it too.
-
I got this in my mail today, and it was so cute I had to share it. It's a poem written by an African Child apparently, not sure how true that is though.
Difference between Black & White....
A voice from a African Native Kid:
When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black
And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray
And you calling me coloured?
Makes plenty of sense doesn't it? I wonder why whites were calling black people "coloured" to begin with. Was it like a high and hillbilly moment? (For those who don't get it, let me rephrase, "Was the person high on drugs and/or with low EQ/IQ?")
Man, I am probably offending people..
No offense... I hope? =D
All in good fun after all, I know you can take a joke. =P
(Disclaimer; It is to my knowledge that a hillbilly is 'a disparaging term for an unsophisticated person' as quoted from Dictionary.com, however if I may have gotten it wrong, feel free to correct me. ^^)
-
Labels: Specials


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home