300 [8.5/10]
300 This action adventure is faithfully adapted from the graphic novel 300 by Frank Miller in which Spartan King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and his 300 Spartans fought to the last man against Persian King Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his massive army. Facing insurmountable odds, the Spartans' heroism and sacrifice inspires all of Greece to unite against the Persian invaders. The story is loosely based on the Battle of Thermopylae which took place in the summer of 480 BC.
I watched 300 with Junwei and co. yesterday and I must say it was good despite me hating war movies. (Think Letters from Iwo Jima.) The storyline is not elaborate like shawn says and there wasn't much strategic moves but it was truly exciting and quite full of witty humor. It doesn't hurt that the 300 men all had very *ahem* nice bodies which were not encumbered by metal armors.
The enemy had plenty of weird creatures and mutants which was kind of funny, but when they actually showed us a goat-like creature playing a musical instrument out of nowhere, it bordered on annoying. Of course those were probably the only few scenes which made no sense. I still enjoyed it thoroughly.
Their formation and unity brought about a great sense of admiration, and the queen's love for her husband was quite touching even if it was a little stupid. A 8.5 out of 10. A must watch.
-----
I spent most of the afternoon catching up with Junwei over a late lunch and under my void deck. It is truly funny how come things can be so different after a few days. I found out alot of things about the past, and understood my situation a little better.
I feel bad for what has happened in the past, but I also do not know what I can do to change that. It is a wretched feeling.
After slacking most of the day away, we headed down to westmall for a late dinner with the rest before going in for the movie. And after the movie, since it was still early (11+?) we went to the rail mail, found ourselves some good seats (lol!) and sat down to chat till around 1 or 2am? Of course the guys did most of the talking, the topic of choice being cars most times lol. Sylvia and I just listened and stoned. Well I did anyway lol.
But it was fun, because I learnt something new that day! And that is that there are actually 4 types of car doors; the normal one, the one which I forgot (could it be the suicide door?), the scissors/butterfly door (think batmobile and 007) and the gullwing door.
I still like the scissors door best lol.
-----
Unable to believe.
Labels: Movies


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home