Name
Monday blues...
I came to work this morning, opened up my email, and found that I had received a reply from a client who, *gasp* addressed me as Mr. P!
Mister?!
Tell me pleeeeease, in what way does Natalie sound like a guy's name?! It isn't even inclined towards masculinity!
Other female engineers have complained before about clients addressing them as Mister, but that is still understandable when they have chinese names with "beung", "boon" or "jun" in them. But "Natalie"?! Goodness! That guy must either be living under a rock or have a very low EQ/IQ if he can't figure out this name!
*Slaps pkoh with a trout*
I've half the nerves to reply your email and call you MISS just to see if you'd notice! Grrr...
-
Anyway, what with progression in this new time and age, I took a step backwards and logged on to something very... Old... For lack of a better word to describe this program.
You should have gotten a clue from my earlier 'sentence', lol.
Remember mIRC? Or my Internet Relay Chat if you may.
Yes, yes, I know it's probably a 10 year ago's trend, but apparently people still use it! And with new advancements, albeit not in the program itself, as far as I can see.
One of the forums I join apparently has a channel and being bored out of my mind, I decided to join it for a bit for a look-see. I'm still logged in now, lol.
People on the internet are naturally more friendly then in reality because there's no need to put up a front (Normally that is.. This excludes pervs and paranoid people who think the world is against them.) and hence are generally more fun to talk to.
Now you probably think, oh, poor Natalie. Her social life has dwindled to this point.
Lol, if you didn't think that, thank you! But if you did, shame on you and so be it if you have such a thinking. Having to face people with hidden agenda and two faced snakes almost everyday, it's no wonder I'd rather stay at home.
Horray for the Internet!
-
Pick me, pick me!~
I came to work this morning, opened up my email, and found that I had received a reply from a client who, *gasp* addressed me as Mr. P!
Mister?!
Tell me pleeeeease, in what way does Natalie sound like a guy's name?! It isn't even inclined towards masculinity!
Other female engineers have complained before about clients addressing them as Mister, but that is still understandable when they have chinese names with "beung", "boon" or "jun" in them. But "Natalie"?! Goodness! That guy must either be living under a rock or have a very low EQ/IQ if he can't figure out this name!
*Slaps pkoh with a trout*
I've half the nerves to reply your email and call you MISS just to see if you'd notice! Grrr...
-
Anyway, what with progression in this new time and age, I took a step backwards and logged on to something very... Old... For lack of a better word to describe this program.
You should have gotten a clue from my earlier 'sentence', lol.
Remember mIRC? Or my Internet Relay Chat if you may.
Yes, yes, I know it's probably a 10 year ago's trend, but apparently people still use it! And with new advancements, albeit not in the program itself, as far as I can see.
One of the forums I join apparently has a channel and being bored out of my mind, I decided to join it for a bit for a look-see. I'm still logged in now, lol.
People on the internet are naturally more friendly then in reality because there's no need to put up a front (Normally that is.. This excludes pervs and paranoid people who think the world is against them.) and hence are generally more fun to talk to.
Now you probably think, oh, poor Natalie. Her social life has dwindled to this point.
Lol, if you didn't think that, thank you! But if you did, shame on you and so be it if you have such a thinking. Having to face people with hidden agenda and two faced snakes almost everyday, it's no wonder I'd rather stay at home.
Horray for the Internet!
-
Pick me, pick me!~


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home