Malacca Trip (01/12/07 to 02/12/07)
Lolz it's already been 2 weeks and I would have more or less given up on posting this but since mei nagged (hehehe~) I shall stop being lazy and post up the pics at the very least.
It being a (super) short trip, there isn't really much to mention, asides from the fact that all we did there was eat. As though I'm not already getting fatter as it is. =.=
We left Singapore at 6am that day, and nearly could have left at 5am (even though why we'd want to do that I have no idea) if it wasn't for me. Dad got woken up at 3+am because apparently my mom, my sis and I were all still awake and my crazy laughter had woken him up, oops.
Well, then he said we would leave at 6.30 so I thought I still had time and went back to watching my crazy variety shows. Little did I know, when I went outside at 430am, everyone was packed and ready to go and I was the only one who still hadn't gotten changed haha.
In the end, I bathed and got ready in record timing and we managed to pass the customs before 6am.
We had breakfast of wanton noodles at a JB coffeeshop before moving off at around 7am. I think the whole family (excluding my elder sis) has not been out at such an unearthly hour for a very very long time already haha. The skies were a pretty shade of blue and motion of the car soon lulled me to sleep. =P
But anyway, enough of my boring ramblings already (lolz, have you fallen asleep too?) we reached Malacca soon after (for me that is, haha) and went to have fishballs!
Now you may or may not know this, but our family has always been a weird follower of certain traditions, and eating fishballs at Malacca was one of them. Regardless of when and what time of the day, when in Malacca it is a must to go to that coffeeshop to eat the fishballs at least once!

Fishballs and what-nots...
The fishballs are actually served rojak-style with a mixed of other stuff like cripsy prawn cake (I think..) and fried toufu. And don't look down on the fishballs okay, they cost RM20cents each and are normally sold out before noon. It also doesn't hurt that they taste nice and are 'cutie-sized' too, lol.

Fishball stall.
This is the auntie's fishball stall. If you squint slightly, you can see that the metal tray is filled with fishballs haha. (Or you could always left click and view the larger pic hehe.)

This is the coffeeshop where the stall is at. It's been there for years, maybe 20?
After eating, we went shopping because it was still early and we wanted to check our luggage into the hotel first, before heading over to my auntie's place. And after dragging my mei all over the place with me, all I managed to buy was 2 guys' shirts and a pair of shoes for myself. We finally walked to one area which sold super cheap bags and the quality was not bad too but a pity I only bought 1. I regretted not buying another one after that haha, but I guess I already have too many bags... =X
We then checked into our hotel and went over to my auntie's house. Chatted with my aunt and cousins, and saw my grandma for awhile. It seems like she didn't get any better or worst.. Don't know if that's good or bad. =/ But my auntie says she still causes alot of trouble by doing alot of *ahem* stuff and messing up things when no one is around. =X
We went for dinner after that with my auntie (see, I told you all we did was eat. Lol.) and dinner was satay celup!~ Another thing that we never ever miss if we go to Malacca! ^^
For those who don't know, this is something you will never ever find in SG (because it's not exactly hygienic, lol.) which is why we look forward to it everytime.

The "soup". It's actually like satay sauce but in a thick soup form?
Probably one obvious clue that we are still singaporeans; we always try to get there early and choose the pot which hasn't been touched yet haha.

Preparing for "battle"... Wait a sec, someone already started. Lol.

Attack!! (Lolz, the only visible item in midair is actually a stick of prawns. =P)
Didn't think to take a pic of the ending scene haha, but we were 'victorious'! ^^
We went to a night market after that, and it being still early, there wasn't much people. Despite the cold temperature, it didn't rain at all in the time we were in Malacca, luckily for us.
We soon stopped for "dessert" because mom and dad wanted to try Malacca's authentic chendol, spelt 'cendol' there.

"Cendol".
All I can see is brown sugar on shaved ice. =.= And they even provided an extra bottle of brown sugar should you decide that it's somehow not sweet enough. o.O That person happens to be my dad, lol.
By the time we sent my auntie back to her place, both my sis and I were just about knocked out already, considering we hadn't actually slept in over 24 hours.
The next morning we went down for our hotel breakfast, packed up our stuff after that and checked out of the hotel. Leaving our luggage in the car, we went shopping again but I didn't buy anything asides from a scoop of Baskin Robins ice cream. =X
We headed to our auntie's place again, and stopped by another 'fishball' stall along the way for 'lunch'. We found this stall when there was once the other stall was closed for the new year.

Fishball-rojak number 2.
This one looks more like our Singaporean rojak, and even has yam and some other fried stuff inside. In my opinion this one is not as nice as the first stalls but my parents say the fishballs are nicer, haha.

Fishball stall number 2.
Their makeshift stall is actually a van of some sort, operated by a man and his two sons. And they all have the very funny habit of banging their chopper on the board a few times before actually chopping anything. It's almost like a mini STOMP production when they all do it at the same time. ^^

Fat me.
It wouldn't seem right if the whole entry had pics of food but no faces, so here's one miserable pic of me. Lol. I'm fat. T_T And I'm squinting from the sun's glare which explains the horrible expression on my face haha.
We went back to our auntie's place and stayed till 5pm before leaving.
Mei wanted to buy some comics before going back so we stopped by Holiday Plaza to shop somemore, where once again I didn't buy anything. =(
I think I spent all my money on contact lens. =.=
For a very late dinner, we ate at a "zhi cha" restaurant and ordered..

"Kim mat lor, yao zham". Fried fish in soya sauce lar.. =P

Hot plate toufu.

Cereal squid.

And one person's portion of bean sprouts for mummy. Lol.

Cleared!~
Lolz.. And here's a redundant pic. But at least it shows the food was good. Either that, or we were just very hungry?
We reached home at around 12 plus after getting stuck in the returning jam for over 1 hour.
Home sweet home!~ ^^
-
I apologise if this may have been an overly lengthy post, because I have too much time on my hands while manning the receptionist desk for the afternoon and calls are surprisingly few today (which is a gooood thing).
Haha, in the end my "post-the-pics-at-the-very-least" and "nothing-much-to-mention" became an essay. =P
But you can always just look at the pics, and ignore the text because that's what most people do anyway haha.
-
Hoooooo!~ It's FRIDAY again!!~
Reason enough for me to be a good mood again even though I just received my pay slip and found out that apparently, they decided to wait till the holiday period to charge us for our hk trip back in september. ARGHZ!!!! I'm now broke!!! T_T
T_T
Speaking of which, you know, for a long time, I didn't actually know what this sms expression was supposed to be but at the very least I knew it was a facial expression.
Just the other day, while in dad's car, we were listening to the radio and two djs were discussing some issue (I believe it was taxi prices) and inviting people to sms in to share their thoughts.
A certain Daniel then read out an sms, calling the sender TT (pronounced 'tee tee'). The other dj hesitated and told him that it wasn't a name, and was actually 'T' underscore 'T'; a crying face.
LOL.
My mum and I burst out laughing even as Daniel adamantly insisted that it was a name.
Haha, so cute.. =P
-
Anyway I think I mastered the art of rambling.. And I can almost match my sis with her updating speed already. Hers is once every week and mine is apparently almost there. Haha..
But I hope... That when I next blog... It'll be good news.
Okay? =D
-
Happy Birthday Chee Chow!
-
It being a (super) short trip, there isn't really much to mention, asides from the fact that all we did there was eat. As though I'm not already getting fatter as it is. =.=
We left Singapore at 6am that day, and nearly could have left at 5am (even though why we'd want to do that I have no idea) if it wasn't for me. Dad got woken up at 3+am because apparently my mom, my sis and I were all still awake and my crazy laughter had woken him up, oops.
Well, then he said we would leave at 6.30 so I thought I still had time and went back to watching my crazy variety shows. Little did I know, when I went outside at 430am, everyone was packed and ready to go and I was the only one who still hadn't gotten changed haha.
In the end, I bathed and got ready in record timing and we managed to pass the customs before 6am.
We had breakfast of wanton noodles at a JB coffeeshop before moving off at around 7am. I think the whole family (excluding my elder sis) has not been out at such an unearthly hour for a very very long time already haha. The skies were a pretty shade of blue and motion of the car soon lulled me to sleep. =P
But anyway, enough of my boring ramblings already (lolz, have you fallen asleep too?) we reached Malacca soon after (for me that is, haha) and went to have fishballs!
Now you may or may not know this, but our family has always been a weird follower of certain traditions, and eating fishballs at Malacca was one of them. Regardless of when and what time of the day, when in Malacca it is a must to go to that coffeeshop to eat the fishballs at least once!
Fishballs and what-nots...
The fishballs are actually served rojak-style with a mixed of other stuff like cripsy prawn cake (I think..) and fried toufu. And don't look down on the fishballs okay, they cost RM20cents each and are normally sold out before noon. It also doesn't hurt that they taste nice and are 'cutie-sized' too, lol.
Fishball stall.
This is the auntie's fishball stall. If you squint slightly, you can see that the metal tray is filled with fishballs haha. (Or you could always left click and view the larger pic hehe.)
This is the coffeeshop where the stall is at. It's been there for years, maybe 20?
After eating, we went shopping because it was still early and we wanted to check our luggage into the hotel first, before heading over to my auntie's place. And after dragging my mei all over the place with me, all I managed to buy was 2 guys' shirts and a pair of shoes for myself. We finally walked to one area which sold super cheap bags and the quality was not bad too but a pity I only bought 1. I regretted not buying another one after that haha, but I guess I already have too many bags... =X
We then checked into our hotel and went over to my auntie's house. Chatted with my aunt and cousins, and saw my grandma for awhile. It seems like she didn't get any better or worst.. Don't know if that's good or bad. =/ But my auntie says she still causes alot of trouble by doing alot of *ahem* stuff and messing up things when no one is around. =X
We went for dinner after that with my auntie (see, I told you all we did was eat. Lol.) and dinner was satay celup!~ Another thing that we never ever miss if we go to Malacca! ^^
For those who don't know, this is something you will never ever find in SG (because it's not exactly hygienic, lol.) which is why we look forward to it everytime.
The "soup". It's actually like satay sauce but in a thick soup form?
Probably one obvious clue that we are still singaporeans; we always try to get there early and choose the pot which hasn't been touched yet haha.
Preparing for "battle"... Wait a sec, someone already started. Lol.
Attack!! (Lolz, the only visible item in midair is actually a stick of prawns. =P)
Didn't think to take a pic of the ending scene haha, but we were 'victorious'! ^^
We went to a night market after that, and it being still early, there wasn't much people. Despite the cold temperature, it didn't rain at all in the time we were in Malacca, luckily for us.
We soon stopped for "dessert" because mom and dad wanted to try Malacca's authentic chendol, spelt 'cendol' there.
"Cendol".
All I can see is brown sugar on shaved ice. =.= And they even provided an extra bottle of brown sugar should you decide that it's somehow not sweet enough. o.O That person happens to be my dad, lol.
By the time we sent my auntie back to her place, both my sis and I were just about knocked out already, considering we hadn't actually slept in over 24 hours.
The next morning we went down for our hotel breakfast, packed up our stuff after that and checked out of the hotel. Leaving our luggage in the car, we went shopping again but I didn't buy anything asides from a scoop of Baskin Robins ice cream. =X
We headed to our auntie's place again, and stopped by another 'fishball' stall along the way for 'lunch'. We found this stall when there was once the other stall was closed for the new year.
Fishball-rojak number 2.
This one looks more like our Singaporean rojak, and even has yam and some other fried stuff inside. In my opinion this one is not as nice as the first stalls but my parents say the fishballs are nicer, haha.
Fishball stall number 2.
Their makeshift stall is actually a van of some sort, operated by a man and his two sons. And they all have the very funny habit of banging their chopper on the board a few times before actually chopping anything. It's almost like a mini STOMP production when they all do it at the same time. ^^
Fat me.
It wouldn't seem right if the whole entry had pics of food but no faces, so here's one miserable pic of me. Lol. I'm fat. T_T And I'm squinting from the sun's glare which explains the horrible expression on my face haha.
We went back to our auntie's place and stayed till 5pm before leaving.
Mei wanted to buy some comics before going back so we stopped by Holiday Plaza to shop somemore, where once again I didn't buy anything. =(
I think I spent all my money on contact lens. =.=
For a very late dinner, we ate at a "zhi cha" restaurant and ordered..
"Kim mat lor, yao zham". Fried fish in soya sauce lar.. =P
Hot plate toufu.
Cereal squid.
And one person's portion of bean sprouts for mummy. Lol.
Cleared!~
Lolz.. And here's a redundant pic. But at least it shows the food was good. Either that, or we were just very hungry?
We reached home at around 12 plus after getting stuck in the returning jam for over 1 hour.
Home sweet home!~ ^^
-
I apologise if this may have been an overly lengthy post, because I have too much time on my hands while manning the receptionist desk for the afternoon and calls are surprisingly few today (which is a gooood thing).
Haha, in the end my "post-the-pics-at-the-very-least" and "nothing-much-to-mention" became an essay. =P
But you can always just look at the pics, and ignore the text because that's what most people do anyway haha.
-
Hoooooo!~ It's FRIDAY again!!~
Reason enough for me to be a good mood again even though I just received my pay slip and found out that apparently, they decided to wait till the holiday period to charge us for our hk trip back in september. ARGHZ!!!! I'm now broke!!! T_T
T_T
Speaking of which, you know, for a long time, I didn't actually know what this sms expression was supposed to be but at the very least I knew it was a facial expression.
Just the other day, while in dad's car, we were listening to the radio and two djs were discussing some issue (I believe it was taxi prices) and inviting people to sms in to share their thoughts.
A certain Daniel then read out an sms, calling the sender TT (pronounced 'tee tee'). The other dj hesitated and told him that it wasn't a name, and was actually 'T' underscore 'T'; a crying face.
LOL.
My mum and I burst out laughing even as Daniel adamantly insisted that it was a name.
Haha, so cute.. =P
-
Anyway I think I mastered the art of rambling.. And I can almost match my sis with her updating speed already. Hers is once every week and mine is apparently almost there. Haha..
But I hope... That when I next blog... It'll be good news.
Okay? =D
-
Happy Birthday Chee Chow!
-


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home