Ants
Haaa... Was at Daisy's blog when I saw that apparently other blogs have been having the same problem too. I was still thinking why even after deleting the ad I still couldn't access, guess it just needed some time.
Now that Nuffnang has a new loyalty system and I'm too lazy to check so many places, I decided to just leave the nuffnang ad in. Doesn't really matter to me though, since I'm not exactly dilligent with updating my blog anyway haha.. (Oops.. Shhhh...)
Fell asleep on the bus on the way home today and overslept again for the second time in 3 weeks. Damn... I seriously need to get more sufficient sleep. I'm only lucky that my "natural alarm clock" wakes me up the latest, two bus stops away and walking back only takes around 10 to 15 minutes. I could use the short exercise anyway. =.=
The new semester is starting again... Perhaps it's because I never seem to have time to do my homework, maybe that's why I have this underlying phobia of going for lessons. Sigh... But I'll have to go all the way through with it and not do things halfway like my dad is so used to of me. =(
But it's saddening sometimes when you're trying and it's taxing, and all your parents ever say is how you'll never be able to do it, because you've never been able to do it.
I'm sure most of you know what I mean.
It's like your parents don't want you to do well...
But I always try to look at it in another manner. Perhaps they are just jaded with the multiple mistakes you've made, because for sure, the saying 'a leopard never changes its spots' came from somewhere. Or perhaps they just don't want to set themselves/you up for a fall. Or perhaps... Wel... I don't know...
But I know my parents don't mean it when they say hurtful things, so I always try not to retort.
Sometimes, out of nowhere, I'd suddenly stop and worry, thinking that I wouldn't know what to do without my parents. And while I always think it, I never know how to say it.
How do the people of this century show that they care? This is where I envy our American counterparts, where their upbringing is different, and they show care and love so readily. Asians might be slowly catching up to the goodness of this method, but as of now, many people still live in families where parents and children don't talk, and nobody actually knows what's happening with any of the other family members.
Our family may be closer then most of the other families I've seen so far; we have dinner together often, go shopping together (even if just to the supermarket), have impromptu outings to wherever, and make it a point to all try to make it for birthdays. But when it comes down to it, we don't actually know each other that well. And none of us can say for sure that we know the favourite colour, favourite food, even favourite singer of the others.
I wish I had the nerves to do something about it.
Sigh...
-
Oh look, a short post to rant about oversleeping on the bus became a long post about families of today. Sheesh... I apologise if I made you fell asleep, and that's what I should be doing now actually. =.=
Ants seem to be running rampant on my table and my sis says it's the same for her room too. What's strange is that we've all just recently cleaned our rooms and the ants only appeared after that.
Did we uncover some ant hole/hill or something? ^.-
That made me recall that Jessica had ants on her computer screen and my over active imagination then wondered if the ants were planning something.
Lol...
Ignore me please.. Just for this entry perhaps. I need sleep.
-
Now that Nuffnang has a new loyalty system and I'm too lazy to check so many places, I decided to just leave the nuffnang ad in. Doesn't really matter to me though, since I'm not exactly dilligent with updating my blog anyway haha.. (Oops.. Shhhh...)
Fell asleep on the bus on the way home today and overslept again for the second time in 3 weeks. Damn... I seriously need to get more sufficient sleep. I'm only lucky that my "natural alarm clock" wakes me up the latest, two bus stops away and walking back only takes around 10 to 15 minutes. I could use the short exercise anyway. =.=
The new semester is starting again... Perhaps it's because I never seem to have time to do my homework, maybe that's why I have this underlying phobia of going for lessons. Sigh... But I'll have to go all the way through with it and not do things halfway like my dad is so used to of me. =(
But it's saddening sometimes when you're trying and it's taxing, and all your parents ever say is how you'll never be able to do it, because you've never been able to do it.
I'm sure most of you know what I mean.
It's like your parents don't want you to do well...
But I always try to look at it in another manner. Perhaps they are just jaded with the multiple mistakes you've made, because for sure, the saying 'a leopard never changes its spots' came from somewhere. Or perhaps they just don't want to set themselves/you up for a fall. Or perhaps... Wel... I don't know...
But I know my parents don't mean it when they say hurtful things, so I always try not to retort.
Sometimes, out of nowhere, I'd suddenly stop and worry, thinking that I wouldn't know what to do without my parents. And while I always think it, I never know how to say it.
How do the people of this century show that they care? This is where I envy our American counterparts, where their upbringing is different, and they show care and love so readily. Asians might be slowly catching up to the goodness of this method, but as of now, many people still live in families where parents and children don't talk, and nobody actually knows what's happening with any of the other family members.
Our family may be closer then most of the other families I've seen so far; we have dinner together often, go shopping together (even if just to the supermarket), have impromptu outings to wherever, and make it a point to all try to make it for birthdays. But when it comes down to it, we don't actually know each other that well. And none of us can say for sure that we know the favourite colour, favourite food, even favourite singer of the others.
I wish I had the nerves to do something about it.
Sigh...
-
Oh look, a short post to rant about oversleeping on the bus became a long post about families of today. Sheesh... I apologise if I made you fell asleep, and that's what I should be doing now actually. =.=
Ants seem to be running rampant on my table and my sis says it's the same for her room too. What's strange is that we've all just recently cleaned our rooms and the ants only appeared after that.
Did we uncover some ant hole/hill or something? ^.-
That made me recall that Jessica had ants on her computer screen and my over active imagination then wondered if the ants were planning something.
Lol...
Ignore me please.. Just for this entry perhaps. I need sleep.
-
Labels: Thoughts


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home