Unlike you, unlike everyone.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Genting Trip!~ (24th to 26th of January 2008)

Trip to Genting! The people at Genting gave my mum a free nights stay in a deluxe room for her birthday month, so we thought, hey why not? Pay half the price for half the number of people. (We were planning on squeezing 4 into a room with 2 single beds, lol.) So, road trip!! =D


*Breakfast of Wan Tan Mee... The noodles used was those "mee gia", and sis didn't like. But I quite liked it, lol. I did say I love noodles.

Seems like everytime we go on a road trip we always have wanton noodles at JB before heading off. Oh well... Hehe~

We arrived at Genting around late noon, and after checking in we went in search of some desserts for high tea.


*BoBoChaCha which looks more like Sweet Potato Soup haha..


*Black Glutinous Rice dessert which was so watery it almost looked like red bean soup instead. =.=





*Kenny Rogers... First time eating here... Everyone seemed to agree that the best thing about the food was.... The Muffin. =.=

When we went down midway to this one storey building to buy some foodstuff on the second day, mom bought a watch and the shop owner gave her two free admission to a "8 Animals of the World" exhibition (Or something along the lines).

I was mocking it when we passed by before, wondering if the exhibition included a dog, a cat, a rat, maybe a monkey, a snake, tortoise, goldfish and a cockroach perhaps. Thinking that it would be a short trip, my parents told us to go in and that they would wait for us outside.

Only after entering did we realise that it would take a little longer than what we thought.. Lol.. Of course I think I was half the reason we took so long because I couldn't help taking pics of just about every single creature we saw hehe..

As it turned out, the 8 animals were just the main groups and the exhibition was separated into many sub categories, lol.

Once again, massive spamming of pics.


*Black, Blue and White JellyFish. Sis finds them gross, I find them quite cute haha.


*The Porcupine Puffer. Reminds me of a very dumb person. =X



*Two types of Dogfaced Puffer. Lolz... Reminds you of a friend? =P


*The Valentini Puffer. This one's cute!



*The Thornbacked Boxfish. Really looks like a box doesn't it?!


*My favourite fish of all time. The Clownfish! It's so cute!


*Lolz, these fishes are really pretty, forgot the names though hehe..


*The Honeycomb Morey. This one I find disgusting. =X


*The Spotted Cardinal Fish. Oddly shaped fish, kinda cute haha. Helps that there are many of them.


*Oooh hello dinner... =P The (common) Lobster.


*Some ugly freaky big eyed fish. LOL.


*Can you see anything?


*There you have it. The Panther Grouper.


*I was more interested in the Motoro Stingray at the back but these fishes wouldn't get out of the way haha. (Quit staring at me damn it!)


*The Ballon Molly. (Spelling according to the panel.) So cuuuute right???? =D Reminds me of my sis's curry puff hairstyle when she leaves for work LOL.


*The Axelot. I was facinated with this. But seems like the more I looked at it the more freaked out I got. It looked like a dragon at first, but now it's just plain creepy.


*Lol.. The Gar. (Gaaaaaarrrr~~ ^^)


*The Eel Catfish. This one is kinda creepy too. Maybe it's the way they all face outwards together.


*The Electric Eel. Ew.




*Wallaby!! This one is one inquisitive one. The keeper let it out for a foreigner to play with and it just kept trying to nibble on everything. It wandered over to me and if I weren't afraid it'd bite a hole in my sis's levis, I'd have carried it. It's so adorable!

Sharilyn tried to take a pic of it but with the flash on and when it got scared it just went hopping off so quickly!! The keeper actually had to run after it as it disappeared into the tunnel haha. Cuuuute!!


*Lovebirds! Don't they look like they're blushing?


*Big iguana. =.=


*Can't quite remember what this is.. The dormouse?? But so cute, the one facing up is actually awake.



*Lol.. Frilled Dragon. You remember Jurassic Park where the fat man was faced with a dino in the car? This is the baby. Haha..


*Flying squrriel I think... Lol, the ones further back are actually sleeping while hooked onto the grids.


*Ew. Ew ew ew ew.




*Muahahaha Sharilyn's friends. =P The last one looks weird..


*Wallaby~~ This one's anti social lol.



*Gahhhh! The first pic looks so cute doesn't it?? Big eyes...


*You might not be able to see.. But that's a toad right there lol.


*My close friends the scorpions haha..


*A peacock with a really long tail. O.o


*There were many other types of snakes but I thought this one was the prettiest haha..



*Fire something.. Man it's fat.. =X

And then this is my favourite animal haha.. As well as my favourite creature in the whole exhibition! =D





*Hello Mister Raccoon!! We were lucky enough to catch it changing position haha. Cute righht??? It was as though it was putting a show for me lol, and it was still staring our way. (Or maybe it's my imagination. =P)


*The Possum! If you have watched "Over the Hedge" it might look familar to you haha..

There were still many other animals but if I were to post all I'm afraid you might fall asleep haha..

When we finally walked out of that place, we had spent more than 30minutes inside instead of the 5minutes we had expected. =X

We took the cable car back up to Genting for lunch because apparently that place doesn't have proper food. Makes me wonder what in the world do those people working there eat. =.=





We went to Lao Di Fang for a lunch of curry fish head. It was yummy!



After lunch we went our separate ways; mom and dad went back to the casinos and Sharilyn and I went back to shopping haha.. We met again for dinner at that highly overrated restaurant I remembered.


*YuSheng! Huat arr~~~


*Ok... This is the first time in history that we have every managed to clear out the whole plate of YuSheng. But apparently... This was the only good thing on the menu. =.=


*Fried toufu, sweet and sour fish, vegetarian noodles, gong bao ji ding, kailan.

The fried toufu was the only dish which passed. The sweet and sour fish, in Sharilyn's words, tasted like "Shark" aka was too tough; The vegetarian noodles tasted like vegetables aka too much vegetables and only a few strands of noodles; The gong bao ji ding seemed to have been made with old chicken probably taken from the chicken stand outside the restaurant; The kailan was... Eh.. I don't know.. I didn't touch it hahaha~

Final Verdict - This place sucks. Do not revisit. =.=

Random photo of Sharilyn trying a cap haha. Cute? =P


We finally left on the third day to very cold weather.


*This kinda looks like some haunted school scene. =X


*Wheeee~~~


*Lunch at mid way on the way down from Genting. Frog legs, hor fun and seafood tanghoon..

We've eaten here before but even knowing that we had all said it was expensive, we still ended up eating there. Weird aren't we? And then once again we were shocked at the price of a plate of hor fun. RM20. Kill people put fire lor! =.=

See if you still dare to eat here again.. -.-

After that it was a straight drive all the way back to JB for somemore shopping. We went for dinner after that and surprisingly found a good seafood restaurant!


*OBQ Seafood. Lol, apparently they misread it as BBQ Seafood and were disappointed that the restaurant didn't have BBQ stingray. =P


*BeanSprouts - As usual I didn't touch this, but you normally can't go wrong with this dish, and there wasn't any comments so I believe it passed.


*Cereal Sotong - Passed with flying colours! Quantity was ample, pieces were cut just nice, not to big or small, taste was sweet with a tiny bit of the spicyness of the curry leaves.


*Salted Egg Prawns - Another dish which passed. And apparently it was super cheap too. RM18 per 100g. Salted egg prawns, I have missed you! =P


*Sotong You Tiao - We seem to order this alot. Passed considering it wasn't bad. I would say it was average.


*Sambal La La - The last dish on the menu, I found it not bad but the parents and sister found that it was unlike singapore's sambal style because it was more of sweet then spicy. Nevertheless, it still passed.

The overall bill came to about SGD10 per person I think. Parents were very satisfied with the price and food.

Final Verdict - Passed with flying colours!~ Can't wait to go back again. For cheap and good seafood, the place was surprisingly deserted too which meant that our food came really fast and it was more or less quiet (let's ignore the chinese music playing in the background that seemed to be one continuous track, lol.).

-

Whooooo. I finaly finished labelling everything. It's 530am and I am falling asleep. But looking at the pics of those food made me feel hungry again haha. I miss the Cereal Sotong and Salted Egg Prawn. Yummy! =D

I hope I didn't wear you out with all those photos. They are really LQ though, so I don't think it caused much lagging hehe..

In the end, all this photos were more or less meant to serve as a reminder to myself of the food reviews, so I apologise if you got annoyed with the horribly many photos haha..

-

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Natalie

Age: 21

Likes: Red, Dogs, Hamsters, Humour, The Ocean, The Night, Sunsets, Cloudy days, Big long hugs, Cuddles in bed, Strawberries, Mint ice cream, Reading, Literature, Movies, Singing, Cute things, Sensitivity, Kindness.

Dislikes: Lizards, Earthworms, Daytime, Vegetables, Running, Liars, Vulgarities, Procrastinators, Sad movies, Robots, Dictators, Being called Fat, Being Fat, Humidity, Tactlessness, Violence.

Advertisements



Wish List

- Canon 970i
- LG FB162 DVD Micro Audio
- DBSK's Concert Ticket
- Shinhwa - 9th Album
- Big Bang - Remember Hehehe

Tagboard






Jukebox

Fiesty November

Others



Credits

"Crimson Mosiac" Version 1.01 is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]