Happy Chinese New Year!~
Happy Chinese New Year!!!!
Gong Xi Gong Xi Gong Xi Ni Ah~~~
Haha.. New Year came by in a jiffy huh? The next few days will probably mean lots of lazing around and over-snacking on guilty titbits. Gah... I am prepared to gain plenty more weight after this. Of course, I'll probably scream in your face again how much weight I put on, lol.
For every year's Chinese New Year, we visit my grandma's house on the first day and spend the whole day eating meals from morning to evening, and snacking in between. Seriously..
We'll arrive at like 10am, eat a somewhat heavy breakfast of the steamboat soup from the night before and "search for treasures in the soup..". Then we'll go out to visit a few distant relatives and snack there, then return around noon for lunch, sit around watching tv and more snacking, then eat dinner at 5 to 6pm, sit around somemore before heading home. Any spare time in between is usually occupied by black jack and/or naps, lol.
On the second day we'll usually not do anything, and then watch a movie all together at night or in the late afternoon (usually a Jackie Chan movie) and then back home.
And on the third day we'd go back to grandma's house in the morning before heading to my god parents' place for a lunch or just to sit around and chit chat, and then the rest of the day is spent rotting back at home or out with our own friends.
Visiting is highly over-rated though. I dare say that by the end of our generation, people will no longer celebrate Chinese New Year, lol. And 20 years down the road, Chinese New Year will be a legend that parents tell their kids as a bed time story, haha.
After all, in our current generation, the red greeting card in the mailbox is no longer recognised, but instead, the more smses you receive, the more popular that shows you are.
With such a rising trend, who's to say we'll even have "angbaos" in the future?
Hmm... I should not be such a sceptic...
It's New Year already!
I wish you all well in the coming rat's year, and may all good news come in bountifully! =D
-
Gong Xi Gong Xi Gong Xi Ni Ah~~~
Haha.. New Year came by in a jiffy huh? The next few days will probably mean lots of lazing around and over-snacking on guilty titbits. Gah... I am prepared to gain plenty more weight after this. Of course, I'll probably scream in your face again how much weight I put on, lol.
For every year's Chinese New Year, we visit my grandma's house on the first day and spend the whole day eating meals from morning to evening, and snacking in between. Seriously..
We'll arrive at like 10am, eat a somewhat heavy breakfast of the steamboat soup from the night before and "search for treasures in the soup..". Then we'll go out to visit a few distant relatives and snack there, then return around noon for lunch, sit around watching tv and more snacking, then eat dinner at 5 to 6pm, sit around somemore before heading home. Any spare time in between is usually occupied by black jack and/or naps, lol.
On the second day we'll usually not do anything, and then watch a movie all together at night or in the late afternoon (usually a Jackie Chan movie) and then back home.
And on the third day we'd go back to grandma's house in the morning before heading to my god parents' place for a lunch or just to sit around and chit chat, and then the rest of the day is spent rotting back at home or out with our own friends.
Visiting is highly over-rated though. I dare say that by the end of our generation, people will no longer celebrate Chinese New Year, lol. And 20 years down the road, Chinese New Year will be a legend that parents tell their kids as a bed time story, haha.
After all, in our current generation, the red greeting card in the mailbox is no longer recognised, but instead, the more smses you receive, the more popular that shows you are.
With such a rising trend, who's to say we'll even have "angbaos" in the future?
Hmm... I should not be such a sceptic...
It's New Year already!
I wish you all well in the coming rat's year, and may all good news come in bountifully! =D
-


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home