Unlike you, unlike everyone.

Sunday, April 1, 2007

The Number 23 [6/10]

The Number 23
When his wife gives him an obscure novel, The Number 23, for his birthday, Walter Sparrow twists his once idyllic life into a psychological torture that could possibly lead to his death. The novel depicts a chilling murder mystery that seems to mirror Walter's life in dark and uncontrollable ways. The life of the book's main character, a brooding detective named Fingerling, is filled with moments that echo Walter's own history . Walter must unlock the secrets of his past before he can continue on with his future.

Watched this with ian just just now at suntec. Lol... And to think I was there last saturday too.

I think sad to say, this show was quite crappy. At least the storyline was. Jim Carrey was brilliant in his acting, but the storyline was abit senseless and predictable. I mean, how they anyhow shift numbers to make it equal 23 was really... Nothing special. I believe it's possible to do that with other numbers too. But was really looking forward to this show so I was rather disappointed. Sigh... 6 out of 10.

Come to think of it, it appears that I haven't really failed any movie before. I should be more critical! Lol.

Anyway, it was raining this evening and I nearly thought that our plans were going to be cancelled again. But it stopped raining right before we were supposed to meet so all went as planned though a little later.

We headed to marina for dinner and went in search of a secluded japanese restaurant which we ended up not eating at in the end because the queue was long and the food looked weird (or the display did anyway).

The funny thing was that after thinking about what I wanted to eat, I thought of japanese and it turned out he had just asked his friend for suggestions on jap restaurants haha. So coincidental.

We found ourselves at the esplanade's ichiban boshi after walking around like lost tourists in marina for some time and ended up waiting for a long time before we finally got a table.

Grrr... Terrible allocation of staff placement; Nobody is stationed outside to attend to the customers and when we finally asked for a table outside, nobody was around to take our order unless one of the staff happened to walk by when serving food to another table.

And they did not even give us our chopsticks until we asked for them after 2 dishes had been served. Maybe they wanted us to eat with our hands? o.O Tsk...

Food wise, okay lor... Not good, not bad haha. But I do love my salmon sashimi no matter how chopped up it is. (And it was... Quite.) Should I rate this place? Not like anybody really follows. But oh well, a 7 out of 10 ba I guess. Price was okay, place was okay, though if I had been sitting at the conveyor belt, that would have been a different story lol...

It has been some time since I last met ian though, and he hasn't changed much. Still so full of weird comments. But that's what makes him, him I guess. We caught up on alot of things, talked crap the other times, and bonded just that little bit.

I do miss talking to him it seems.

Thanks for everything dude. =P

=====

Perhaps it would sound better that way.

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Natalie

Age: 21

Likes: Red, Dogs, Hamsters, Humour, The Ocean, The Night, Sunsets, Cloudy days, Big long hugs, Cuddles in bed, Strawberries, Mint ice cream, Reading, Literature, Movies, Singing, Cute things, Sensitivity, Kindness.

Dislikes: Lizards, Earthworms, Daytime, Vegetables, Running, Liars, Vulgarities, Procrastinators, Sad movies, Robots, Dictators, Being called Fat, Being Fat, Humidity, Tactlessness, Violence.

Advertisements



Wish List

- Canon 970i
- LG FB162 DVD Micro Audio
- DBSK's Concert Ticket
- Shinhwa - 9th Album
- Big Bang - Remember Hehehe

Tagboard






Jukebox

Fiesty November

Others



Credits

"Crimson Mosiac" Version 1.01 is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]