Weekends
Every friday after work, I head off in a different direction from the rest of Singapore.
Instead of to central areas to eat, shop and be merry; I head home and watch tv.
You could say I was boring. Or call me a no-lifer. Or even that I was such a loser that nobody wanted to go out with me.
And I agree with you. I am all of that.
But hey, so what? Not every weekend has to be spent frantically partying, or in the masses of people. Sometimes, peace and quiet might just be the thing at the end of a tiring work week.
Then again, I could just be making excuses. Lol.
-----
I was honest today and told the aunty straight out that I had not taken an mc and so could I apply for leave for that day instead. I looked her square in the face as I said that and she looked surprised but answered yes.
But I definitely did not earn any brownie points.
Work has been kind these few days which allow us to clear backlog items and overdue miscellanous jobs. I only hope that for the coming week it will be the same thing as well so that we can have enough of a head start before things start piling up again.
-----
Not so easy, not so fine.
Instead of to central areas to eat, shop and be merry; I head home and watch tv.
You could say I was boring. Or call me a no-lifer. Or even that I was such a loser that nobody wanted to go out with me.
And I agree with you. I am all of that.
But hey, so what? Not every weekend has to be spent frantically partying, or in the masses of people. Sometimes, peace and quiet might just be the thing at the end of a tiring work week.
Then again, I could just be making excuses. Lol.
-----
I was honest today and told the aunty straight out that I had not taken an mc and so could I apply for leave for that day instead. I looked her square in the face as I said that and she looked surprised but answered yes.
But I definitely did not earn any brownie points.
Work has been kind these few days which allow us to clear backlog items and overdue miscellanous jobs. I only hope that for the coming week it will be the same thing as well so that we can have enough of a head start before things start piling up again.
-----
Not so easy, not so fine.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home