Unlike you, unlike everyone.

Monday, April 30, 2007

200 Pounds Beauty [6/10]

200 Pounds Beauty
Hanna is a lip sync vocalist for Ammy, the famous Korean pop singer. Though Hanna is always ignored due to her appearance, she has always been a bright and happy girl until Ammy humiliated her in front of Sang-jun, the one she secretly admired. Finally, she made a life-changing decision: to have a major cosmetic surgery. With this move, will her unrequited love be returned?

Watched this with junwei at Bugis on saturday night.

Let me break it down.

Fat jokes, scorn, bitchy schemes, 'plastic' jokes.

They also show us how pretty girls normally get their way due to smitten guys.

The songs are good, though storyline too draggy, and felt like I had been in there for 3 hours when in fact it was only 112mins or 1 hour and 52 mins.

By the way, does anybody agree that bugis's theatres have really crappy seats? The row before ours was almost the same height as ours and hence if somebody taller had sat in front of me I would not have been able to see anything. I was lucky that person in front only had tall hair. =.=

The seats are also unbearingly stiff and my neck was aching only after sitting down for 15minutes. Arggghz, I say. Truly uncomfortable.

Though I digress. The lead character Hanna (Joo Jin Mo) looks pretty only at times and I wonder if she really has been through plastic surgery? And somehow they made it seem as though it was okay to go through major plastic surgery as long as you declare it to the world.

Hmm... Not sure of how I feel about that. I have nothing against plastic surgery, it's just that the idea and feeling they seemed to be trying to put across was kind of weird.

Anyway, we had dinner before the movie at Ajisen, quite yummy even though I know many people diss the food there saying it's low grade japanese food. But hey, they're my tastebuds, so piss off. Lol.

I did find it funny however, that a majority of the people working there were thai and out of the 7 (or 8?) staff, only 2 were chinese. Thai people working in a japanese restaurant somehow just feels weird. We could barely understand our server nor she, us.

-----

Something occured before the night was over and even just thinking about it gives me a headache.

We took a cab back from bugis together and boarded a volkswagen cab. The ride was comfy enough and all, but the driver was not very nice.

He started complaining about how people on the streets always choose which cab to take and so he decided to do some choosing of his own too.

He bragged about how he would choose which passenger to pick up and also, just because he felt like it he would either charge them booking fees regardless of the time or charge them exorbitant prices like $25 or $35 regardless of distance.

And to add on to the pure insanity of this situation, he started or ended each sentence with "Kan-nee-na-chee-bei". (To those who don't know what this means, please don't even try to learn, not like any of you don't know though lol.)

All his swearing was giving me a terrible headache not to mention just how weird I found his mentality. But I think because of him, I shall now think twice before flagging down any cabs other then the conventional comfort and city cabs. Now didn't that sort of backfire, Mr. taxi driver?

And I ask yet again, what exactly is the world coming to?!

=====

Don't think it's so easy. Because it isn't.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Natalie

Age: 21

Likes: Red, Dogs, Hamsters, Humour, The Ocean, The Night, Sunsets, Cloudy days, Big long hugs, Cuddles in bed, Strawberries, Mint ice cream, Reading, Literature, Movies, Singing, Cute things, Sensitivity, Kindness.

Dislikes: Lizards, Earthworms, Daytime, Vegetables, Running, Liars, Vulgarities, Procrastinators, Sad movies, Robots, Dictators, Being called Fat, Being Fat, Humidity, Tactlessness, Violence.

Advertisements



Wish List

- Canon 970i
- LG FB162 DVD Micro Audio
- DBSK's Concert Ticket
- Shinhwa - 9th Album
- Big Bang - Remember Hehehe

Tagboard






Jukebox

Fiesty November

Others



Credits

"Crimson Mosiac" Version 1.01 is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]