Unlike you, unlike everyone.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Scallops

Over lunch today, my collegues and I were randomly talking when we came upon the topic of food in the pantry.


Because the people in our company are from different parts of the world, we often receive special tidbits when they return from trips and/or meetings. To our knowledge, any food left on the table will always be cleared out, even if the container/package is still around. (This also hints of lazyness.) The food is usually accompanied by a note from whoever left the food stuff there that would say to help themselves to the food.


We then wondered, what if we left food with a note that said "Do Not Take!" or "Expired food!", or something to that degree?


One said that the food would still be gone because apparently our engineers do not read the note before helping themselves.


I did not believe it because I always thought it was natural to look at the note just to see where or whom it had come from.


We deviced all sorts of funny ideas to test the theory, none of which we were planning to execute of course. Or so I thought...


After lunch, sometime around tea-break time, 4 pieces of individually wrapped scallops (4 appears to be the number I saw when I passed by though, perhaps there had been more?) had been left on the table together with a little post-it note that said, "Scallops! Take ALL!" And below that in a slightly smaller font, "For James only." James being one of the collegues at lunch today.


After questioning 2 out of 4 of the others present, they both denied and sounded amazed at the joke.


I forgot about the incident and went about with my work until 1 hour later, I passed by the pantry again, only to find that there was only 1 scallop left on the table. I checked with James himself, but he was as surprised as I was and said that he had not been to the pantry. It would seem that only the last person could have done it but I could not find him.


o.O


It seems that they were right after all. We should really try putting expired food there.


Lolz, I never fail to be amazed with the people in this company.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Natalie

Age: 21

Likes: Red, Dogs, Hamsters, Humour, The Ocean, The Night, Sunsets, Cloudy days, Big long hugs, Cuddles in bed, Strawberries, Mint ice cream, Reading, Literature, Movies, Singing, Cute things, Sensitivity, Kindness.

Dislikes: Lizards, Earthworms, Daytime, Vegetables, Running, Liars, Vulgarities, Procrastinators, Sad movies, Robots, Dictators, Being called Fat, Being Fat, Humidity, Tactlessness, Violence.

Advertisements



Wish List

- Canon 970i
- LG FB162 DVD Micro Audio
- DBSK's Concert Ticket
- Shinhwa - 9th Album
- Big Bang - Remember Hehehe

Tagboard






Jukebox

Fiesty November

Others



Credits

"Crimson Mosiac" Version 1.01 is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]